NEW YORK, June 21 (Xinhua) -- New York's Times Square bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad pled guilty to failed use of a weapon of mass destruction Monday afternoon.
|This undated image, obtained from orkut.com on May 4, 2010, shows Faisal Shahzad, |
the Pakistani-American who is suspected as the driver of a bomb-laden SUV into
New York's Time Square on May 1. (Xinhua/Reuters File Photo)
Shahzad's noon arraignment was postponed until 4:30 p.m. No reason was given.
Last week Shahzad was indicted on 10 courts including attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
Shahzad entered the plea to the first of 10 charges in the indictment, but said he planned to plead guilty to all of them. He reportedly told the judge he wanted to "plead guilty and 100 times more."
He also warned that unless the U.S. leaves Muslim lands, "We will be attacking U.S."
The botched plot involved a gasoline-and-propane bomb that failed to ignite in an SUV parked in the center of Times Square on May 1.
Soon after his arrest on May 3, he reportedly cooperated with investigators.
The 30-year-old Pakistani-born Shahzad, who became a U.S. citizen last year, was arrested aboard a Dubai-bound jetliner two days later that was minutes from leaving New York's JFK International Airport.