SANAA, July 8 (Xinhua) -- The Yemeni Interior Ministry said on Wednesday that it captured a fugitive Saudi Arabian man, who is on the Saudi Arabia's most wanted list.
In a statement posted on its website, the ministry identified the Saudi wanted man as "Abdullah Faraj Mohammed Mahmoud Lujoubar," saying that "he was a member of al-Qaida cell which was raided by security forces on Monday in Fuh area, west of the capital city of Hadramout province, Mukalla."
"According to the documents seized in the terrorist den on Monday, the group was plotting to launch attacks targeted on the security headquarters and economic and oil vital facilities in Hadramout," the statement said.
It added that the documents also contained very important information that would help security agencies to dismantle several other al-Qaida cells and to arrest other al-Qaida affiliates in Yemen.
"Besides the documents, the police found an explosive belt, grenades, a laptop, a number of SIM cards and video tapes inside the hideout of the cell," said the statement.
On Monday, a four-member group of al-Qaida opened fire on the security forces in an attempt to flee a cordon set by the police against the group's hideout in Fuh area, killing two soldiers, said a statement posted on the defense ministry's website.
"The security forces captured two members of the al-Qaida group and are tracking now the rest pair who managed to escape the security siege," the statement added.
Yemen has intensified security operations and air raids against terrorist groups, after the Yemen-based al-Qaida wing claimed responsibility for a failed Christmas Day attempt to blow up a U.S. passenger plane bound for Detroit last year.