By the end of May, a total of 1,375 local farmers and herdsmen had benefited from tourism with an increase of 49% in Damxung County of Lhasa, capital city of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR).
In Damxung, Tourism becomes an important industry to create more jobs for local farmers and herdsmen and increase their incomes.
The Damxung government helps set up 30 booths at the Yangbajain tourist spot and 50 booths at the Namtso tourist spot, where the local farmers and herdsmen can sell homemade handicraft articles.
Meanwhile, local farmers and herdsmen are also encouraged to build folklore villages, which not only boost the employment opportunities, but also promote the homemade yogurt and cream in the market.
A total of 1,082 Tibetans work at the Namtso tourist site with the per capita annual income of 3,030 yuan.
Thousands of farmers and herdsmen received tourist trainings to increase the awareness of tourist service and improve their skills.
- Travel to Shigatse in Tibet 2010-07-09
- Experience top 7 modern bars in Tibet 2010-06-01
- Taking wedding photo in Tibet 2010-05-10
- Yellow Peony Festival to open in SE Tibet 2010-04-16
- Tibetans to Shanghai Expo to enjoy 3 tourist routes 2010-04-08