JAKARTA, July 24 (Xinhua) -- A powerful quake with magnitude of 7.4 hit North Sulawesi in eastern parts of Indonesia on Saturday, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency reported here.
The quake struck at 06:15 a.m. Jakarta time Saturday (2315 GMT Friday) with epicentre at 410 km northwest Melonguane of North Sulawesi and with the depth at 649 km, the agency said.
- 6.2 magnitude quake strikes off Vanuatu 2010-07-22
- Strong quakes strike Papua New Guinea 2010-07-19
- UN outlines conditions in Haiti 6 months after quake 2010-07-16
- Moderate quake hits off Indonesia's Papua 2010-07-14
- 6.2-magnitude quake jolts north of Chile 2010-07-12