BEIJING, July 27 (Xinhuanet)-- Facebook on Monday launched a Web page, intending to give users more control over the use of their personal data, according to AFP report.
(Xinhua file photo)
The new page was intended to enlarge a virtual Safety Center that Facebook introduced in April and was based on a "security page" that boasted more than 2.2 million "fans" as of Monday.
The number of people using the world's leading social-networking community topped the 500 million mark last week, meaning one in every 14 people on the planet has now signed up to the social network.
Founded in February 2004, Facebook is now a privately held company and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
- Facebook active users hit 500 million 2010-07-22
- Russian cellphone users get free Facebook access 2010-07-02
- Three arrested for slandering Lebanese president on facebook 2010-06-29
- Facebook adviser criticizes Australia's Internet filter plan 2010-06-12
- CCTV reporter: Facebook privacy issue turns political 2010-06-11
- Yahoo expands partnership with Facebook 2010-06-07