BEIJING, Aug. 6 (Xinhua)-- China on Friday urged the Republic of Korea (ROK) and the United States to treat its concern and position seriously on the ROK-U.S. military drills in the Yellow Sea.
Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu made the remarks after the Pentagon said Thursday, according to media reports, that the U.S. aircraft carrier USS George Washington would take part in a series of ROK-U.S. joint naval exercises in the Yellow Sea in the coming months.
"We have repeatedly expressed our clear and firm stance on the ROK-U.S. military drills to the relevant parties," Jiang said in a news release.
- S. Korea holds drills against possible DPRK infiltration 2010-08-06
- South Korea begins military drills 2010-08-06
- S. Korea dismisses DPRK warning against naval drills 2010-08-04
- DPRK warns S. Korea over military drill 2010-08-04
- DPRK Military warns of counterattack against S Korea' s naval drill 2010-08-03
- China to send troops to Kazakhstan for anti-terrorism drill: spokesman 2010-07-30