LHASA, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- A senior Chinese leader has called on local various-level governments and people in Tibet to make continuous efforts to achieve "leapfrog development and lasting stability" in the autonomous region.
He Guoqiang, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, made the remarks during his four-day inspection tour of Tibet that ended Monday.
He asked officials and people of all ethnic groups in Tibet to seize the available opportunities and to unite to promote the development and stability of the region.
During his inspection tour, He visited communities, villages, a virgin forest in Nyingchi and the Potala Palace.
At a meeting with people from the religious circles, He encouraged the monks to promote patriotism and called on them to contribute to the prosperity and ethnic unity in Tibet.
He, in charge of disciplinary and supervision work, also asked local disciplinary and supervision personnel to promote clean governance and to intensify the fight against corruption.
- 2010 Tibet Shoton Festival Tour - Lhasa City 5 Day Tour 2010-08-16
- Former UN official talks about her visit, current reality in Tibet 2010-08-04
- Sixth Living Buddha Dezhub enthroned in Tibet 2010-08-02
- China to integrate electricity networks in Tibet and Xinjiang 2010-07-29
- Living conditions improved in Tibet 2010-07-28