TEHRAN, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Tuesday that Iran is ready to cooperate with "any country," including the United States, in building nuclear power plants in Iran, local satellite Press TV reported.
Mehmanparast made the remarks at his weekly press briefing.
Asked whether Iran would cooperate with the United States on Iran's future nuclear projects, Mehmanparast said, "we are ready to cooperate with any company from any country which is capable of building such facilities with high standard," the report said.
"These are big economic projects and there will certainly be much competition between different countries," he added.
On Monday, Hossein Ebrahimi, deputy head of the Majlis ( parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, said that Iran is planning to build 20 new nuclear plants.
Bushehr power plant, Iran's first nuclear power plant, is built by Russia and is expected to start operating on Aug. 21.
- Attacking nuclear plants is "crime": Iran atomic chief 2010-08-18
- Iran unlikely to stop nuclear fuel enrichment 2010-08-16
- Iran confirms launch of its first nuclear power plant 2010-08-14
- Iran ready to launch Bushehr nuclear power plant: official 2010-08-13
- Iran to launch its first nuclear power plant 2010-08-10