BEIJING, Sept. 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Samsung displayed its tablet computers in Berlin's world leading trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances IFA.
It is aimed to compete with Apple's iPad, accordng to Bloomsberg news Monday.
|Head of Samsung Telecommunications Europe Thomas |
Richter presents the Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet
computer at the Internationale Funkausstellung
(IFA) consumer electronics fair at "Messe Berlin"
exhibition centre in Berlin, September 2, 2010
The Samsung tablet is the first serious contender to challenge the dominant Apple's iPad based on the established order.
Sources say it uses a 7-inch display 1024x600, similar to that of iPad. While the iPad runs a version of Apple's iOS, the Galaxy Tab will run on its primary mobile OS competitor - Android.
A board member of a German-based company Deutsche Telekom AG which will offer the Samsung tablet said that the Samsung's Galaxy Tab will be more favorably priced than the iPad. He said "somewhat above 50 percent, 60 percent to 70 percent of what the iPad cost."
Berlin's internationally-known electronics and home appliances show IFA officially opened its door to public last Friday, highlighting new trends of digital products of tablet PCs and various tech gadgets.
- Samsung Electronics to launch new smartphone model in S. Korea 2010-08-20
- Samsung introduces world's largest 3D LED TV at a press event 2010-08-13
- Samsung Electronics scores record Q2 operating profit 2010-07-30
- China Unicom in talks over iPad and iPhone 4 2010-06-25
- Apple sells three million iPads in 80 days 2010-06-23