MOSCOW, Sept. 6 (Xinhua) -- Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov told reporters Monday that the latest death toll from Sunday's suicide bombings in Dagestan was revised down to three.
Another 35 servicemen in the Dalny training ground were also wounded, he said, four of whom had been transferred to the Burdenko Military Hospital in Moscow due to severe injuries.
Earlier reports said the terrorist attack on the military base in the North Caucasus republic of Dagestan claimed five lives and injured another 39.
Serdyukov meanwhile said measures against the threat of terrorist attack in the Dalny base were insufficient, and thus he has ordered tightened security after visiting there.
The first blast happened as a suicide bomber rammed an explosive-stuffed Lada car through the gate of the 136th motorized rifle brigade's military base in the town of Buinaksk on early Sunday morning. A second blast occurred when rescuers and investigators rushed to the scene.
Violence is common in Russia's North Caucasus republics, especially Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia, with militants frequently targeting police and officials as representatives of Russian authorities.