80 million yuan in humanitarian aid has been handed over to Pakistan for relief and reconstruction. Tuesday's relief aid includes 20 million yuan aid which was already delivered to northern Pakistan's Hunza area. And a second batch worth 60 million yuan aid will be delivered through nine special cargo flights.
The Chinese government will send a second medical team and helicopters to Pakistan to help rescue flood victims. A 55-member Chinese rescue medical team has been working for two weeks in Thatta, one of the worst-hit areas in southern Pakistan. On Monday, China decided to offer an additional 200 million yuan of relief supplies to Pakistan. The country is suffering through the worst-ever monsoon flooding which killed about 17-hundred people and left millions homeless.
- China to give extra 200 mln yuan to Pakistan in aid 2010-09-07
- Chinese aid team treats 5,000 in Pakistan 2010-09-06
- Pakistan lauds China's flood aid 2010-09-03
- IMF to provide $450m flood aid to Pakistan 2010-09-03
- Pakistan praises China's flood relief work 2010-08-30