BEIJING, March 7 (Xinhua) -- A 5.7-magnitude earthquake hit Hualien, Taiwan at 11:36 a.m. Thursday Beijing Time, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicenter was monitored at 24.3 degrees north latitude and 121.5 degrees east longitude with a depth of 6 km.
People living in Taipei felt a strong tremor.
- Homes damaged in SW China quake 2013-03-04
- 30 injured in southwest China quake 2013-03-04
- 5.5-magnitude quake hits southwest China: CENC 2013-03-03
- 6.7-magnitude quake hits Kuril Islands -- USGS 2013-03-01
- 6.6-magnitude quake hits off Kamchatka peninsula: CENC 2013-02-28