Edition: English Asia Pacific Africa Europe | Español Français العربية Pусский | 中文简体 中文繁体
Homepage > World Video

UN: Airstrikes kill 29 at refugee camp in Yemen

CCTV.com

04-01-2015 10:52 BJT

As the Saudi-led airstrikes in Yemen continue. A UN spokesman says one airstrike on Monday killed at least 29 people at a refugee camp inside the country.

The Deputy Spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General says the casualties appeared to be all civilians. He said of the 41 people injured, 14 are children and 11 are women.

According to media reports, the civilians were killed when what appeared to be an airstrike hit a camp for displaced families in the Hajjah Governorate on Monday.

The reports called it the deadliest single episode involving civilians since Saudi Arabia began its military campaign to drive back Houthi rebels last week.

Follow us on

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Instagram

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Wechat

We Recommend

  • The guardian radio
  • The Bird Chaser Part 2
  • Dynamic China,Flying Above the Waves
  • Foreign wifes in China
  • China's Science and Technology Ⅱ: Building China through Technology 中国科技(二)——科技与生产力
  • Going punk in Myanmar; Surfing for change in India; From the slums to the dance floor
  • Wudang, Home of Tai Chi Part 9
  • The College Entrance Exam Part 6
  • Peking Opera: Behind the Greasepaint Part 3-4