Watch VideoPlay Video
Shares of Agbank have been added into benchmark indices on the mainland. According to a non-official calculation, the lender's shares will weigh about 4.5 percent in the Shanghai Composite Index. In other indices, its weight will be less than 1 percent.
Experts say AgBank's addition as a component stock will make it mandatory for fund managers to include it in their portfolios, and creates demand.
Usually, the price of a stock will rise after it's been added into components and decline after it's been excluded from the category.
- ABC exercises HK over-allotment 2010-07-30
- ABC makes a weak HK debut 2010-07-16
- ABC H1 net profit rise to 46 bln yuan 2010-07-13
- Moody's: ABC IPO lifts core CAR, challenges remain 2010-07-12
- ABC's IPO reflects changing banking paradigm 2010-07-08