Background: China Everbright Bank soared on its Shanghai stock market debut today, trumping forecasts. The listing is the second largest this year, after the Agricultural Bank of China. The strong debut is a good sign for other banks' listing or financing plans on the domestic stock market. Full story >>
Watch VideoPlay Video
For more analysis, joining us is Chen Jiahe from Cinda Securities.
1. Compared with Agricultural Bank of China, Everbright Bank has made a very strong debut. What's caused the investor enthusiasm?
2. Since its debut, Agbank has been struggling to keep its share price above its IPO level. Do you think Everbright will follow suit?
3. Banks have been rushing to raise capital from the market lately. They seem to have comparatively higher Price/Book ratios, but lower Price/Earning ratios. With that in mind, is it a good time to invest in bank shares?
- Everbright Bank says no HK listing plans 2010-08-19
- China Everbright Bank makes strong debut 2010-08-19
- China Everbright Bank makes debut on A-share market 2010-08-18
- Everbright Bank begins online subscription 2010-08-11