Watch VideoPlay Video
Sixteen Chinese state-owned electric vehicle companies have teamed up, to form the "Association of Electric Vehicle Industry" in Beijing.
The association's initial goal will be to build an effective information sharing system that allows automakers, battery producers, and government bodies to exchange information. The association will also work on setting a uniform standard for electric vehicles. It's expected to improve upon core technologies to make the nation's electric vehicles more competitive in the global market.
The move is in response to the government's latest policies, to boost the country's electric vehicle industry in the next three years.
- Shanghai boosts new energy car industry 2010-08-19
- Dongfeng produces new energy cars 2010-08-19
- Insider: Energy supply main barrier for new energy vehicles 2010-08-19
- China faces uphill battle in achieving energy conservation target 2010-08-18
- Nation's first electric car sold to individual 2010-08-02