Watch VideoPlay Video
This year's death toll from rainstorm-related disasters has climbed to 594. Millions of hectares of farmland have been damaged and the lives of a hundred million people have been affected.
Main rivers, lakes and reservoirs have exceeded warning levels, including the Yangtze River.
In east China's Jiangxi Province, 70,000 people have been relocated due to threats of flooding from reservoirs. Rainstorms affecting southern and eastern China along the Yangtze River basin are moving north toward the Huai River basin. People in the provinces of Henan, Shangdong, Jiangsu and northern parts of Anhui are bracing for heavy rain over the next four to five days.
- Floods kill 594 in China's 26 provinces so far in 2010 2010-07-15
- Golmud river ready for flood discharge 2010-07-15
- Rescue accelerates along Yangtze River after worst flood in decades 2010-07-15
- Chinese president, premier urge all-out efforts to protect the public from floods, minimize damages 2010-07-15
- Rescue accelerates along Yangtze River after worst flood in decades 2010-07-14