Watch VideoPlay Video
On November 13th, 2011, British Businessman Neil Heywood was poisoned to death in his hotel room.
The case first entered the spotlight following events that unfolded on February the 6th, 2012 - after the former chief of the Chongqing Public Security Bureau, Wang Lijun, entered the US General Consulate in Chengdu.
On March 15th, Wang Lijun was removed from his position as Deputy Head of Chongqing Municipality.
A month later on April 13th, police began reinvestigating Neil Heywood’s death. The prosecuting body said that Bo-Gu Kailai had committed the murder aided by Zhang Xiaojun.
The People’s Procuratorate of Hefei, capital of Anhui Province, filed charges against the two at Heifei City Intermediate People’s Court on July 26th.
Their one-day trial took place in the court on August, 9th, where Bo-Gu Kailai admitted murdering Neil Heywood, and blamed her actions on a mental breakdown.
Nov. 13th, 2011 Neil Heywood poisoned to death.
Feb. 6th, 2012 Wang Lijun enters US General Consulate in Chengdu.
Mar.15th, 2012 Wang Lijun is removed from his official post.
Apr.13th, 2012 Reinvestigation into the death of Neil Heywood.
Jul. 26th, 2012 The People’s Procuratorate of Hefei files charges against Bo-Gu Kailai and Zhang Xiaojun.
Aug. 9th, 2012 Bogu Kailai admitted murdering Neil Heywood
|Bogu Kailai has been given a death sentence with a two-year reprieve for the intentional homicide of British businessman Neil Heywood.|
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve for intentional homicide 2012-08-21
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve for intentional homicide 2012-08-20
- Details released on Bo-gu Kailai trial 2012-08-11
- Bogu Kailai murder trial ends: accused in death of Neil Heywood 2012-08-10
- Four police officers involved in Bogu Kailai case stand for trial 2012-08-10