Watch VideoPlay Video
Chinese President Hu Jintao has laid out a three point proposal for promoting strong sustainable and balanced global economic growth.
Hu Jintao is calling for joint efforts by the international community to ensure global economic recovery. The President says G20 countries should increase the summit's role from an effective mechanism in countering the international financial crisis to a premier platform for advancing international economic cooperation.
He also stresses the need to accelerate the establishment of a new international financial order that is fair, equitable, inclusive, and well-managed, as well as the establishment of an international financial system that is good for the growth of the real economy. President Hu also says it is necessary to build an open and free global trading regime.
- CCTV interview on G20: Cutting stimulus spending 2010-06-28
- Commentator: Will G20 eventually replace G8? 2010-06-28
- G20 Summit ends with firm fiscal targets 2010-06-28
- G20 leaders focus on durable growth 2010-06-28
- Hu Jintao visits aircraft manufacturer 2010-06-27
- President Hu meets with US, Russian counterparts and British PM 2010-06-27