Watch VideoPlay Video
Continuous heavy rain has been pounding East China's Anhui province, killing two and affecting two million people. More than one million hectares of crops have been destroyed. Around the province, seven cities and 29 counties are affected. Eight rivers have overflowed and the levels of more than 700 reservoirs are above the danger mark.
To find out more about the heavy rain in Anhui province, we can talk to Zhang He, a reporter at Anhui TV, who is in Tongcheng. Hello, Zhang He. What's the latest situation there?
Thank you, Zhang He for that update from Anhui.
- Dikes dismantled to prevent flooding of town in east China 2010-07-14
- Floods, swollen reservoirs force evacuation of 10,000 in east China 2010-07-14
- Leaking dike on swollen Chinese river blasted to release flood waters 2010-07-14
- City commuters get free umbrellas in Chengdu 2010-07-14
- Flood control authority: 18.3 million people along Yangtze River affected by heavy rain, 43 dead and 18 missing 2010-07-13