Watch VideoPlay Video
Typhoon Conson has landed on Southern China's island province of Hainan, pouring heavy rain into the region and nearby Guangdong Province and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. For more information on the tropical storm, we're now joined by Darryl Snow, from China Meteorological Bureau.
Q1: Hello, Darryl. The impact of Typhoon Conson has taken hold in Hainan Province. Is it stronger than we previously expected, and when will it leave?
Q2: Southern China has been suffering from heavy downpours for days, but the rain belt is about to drift toward the north. How will it effect the Yangtze River and Huaihe River regions?
Thanks for that update. That's DARRYL SNOW at China Meteorological Bureau.
- Typhoon Conson strikes Hainan province 2010-07-17
- Typhoon Conson hits China 2010-07-16
- Typhoon Conson on path toward Hainan 2010-07-16
- 84 people still missing because of Typhoon Conson 2010-07-16
- Typhoon Conson poised to make landfall in Hainan before Friday night 2010-07-16