Watch VideoPlay Video
The 18th World AIDS Conference has concluded in Vienna. Funding for global efforts to curb the epidemic remains a hotly-debated topic.
Activists are pressuring developed countries to give more money for the fight against AIDS. They say under-funding would jeopardize the AIDS-fighting progress in the developing world.
The key issue is the financing of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Donors will meet in October to decide on the Fund's financing level for the next three years.
- CCTV interview: Nobel prize winner speaks on AIDS vaccine research 2010-07-23
- CCTV Inteview: Eric Goosby on global fight against AIDS 2010-07-23
- Rich should give more money for AIDS 2010-07-23
- CCTV interview with First Lady of Georgia at AIDS Conference 2010-07-22
- AIDS prevention: Love smart, play safe 2010-07-22