Watch VideoPlay Video
Reconstruction work has begun in Zhouqu county. China's Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development has formed a reconstruction planning group.
The group is currently conducting preparation work, such as collecting satellite images. The ministry is also coordinating with other institutions, like the China Academy of Building, to assess the condition of the damaged houses. The team is ready to leave for Zhouqu at any time.
On Saturday morning the Minister, Jiang Weixin, arrived Zhouqu to investigate the situation, and make direct suggestions. Meanwhile, 30 portable toilets have been distributed to Zhouqu and some are already in service, while others will be in place soon.
- Video: Newly borns brings hope and new life to Zhouqu County 2010-08-15
- Video: 100,000 textbooks arrive in Zhouqu 2010-08-15
- Video: Zhouqu survivors helped each other flee 2010-08-15
- Video: Life gradually gets back to normal in Zhouqu 2010-08-15
- Photo: Mourn for Zhouqu mudslide victims 2010-08-15
- China mourns Zhouqu mudslide victims 2010-08-15
- Chinese military conduct epidemic prevention work in mudslide-hit Zhouqu 2010-08-14