Watch VideoPlay Video
A Colombian passenger jet operated by local carrier Aires has crashed while landing on San Andres Island during a storm. Monday's accident killed one passenger and injured 114 others.
The Boeing 737, which had 121 passengers and six crew members on board, was arriving at the Caribbean resort destination when it crashed short of the runway. Lightning and heavy winds were reported around the time of the accident. All of the injured were taken to local hospitals.
|The wreckage of a Colombian plane that crashed is seen on the airport of the |
Colombian island of San Andres, on Aug. 16, 2010. One person died Monday after
the Colombian plane with 131 people aboard was hit by lightning and made a crash
landing on the Colombian island of San Andres, local media reported. (Xinhua)
- Former U.S. senator killed in plane crash in Alaska: report 2010-08-11
- Plane crash in Alaska kills five, former U.S. senator and ex-NASA chief aboard 2010-08-11
- Cargo plane crashes in U.S. state of Alaska 2010-08-02
- Cross over: Investigation into Pakistan plane crash continues? 2010-07-30
- Bodies of 8 victims killed in Pakistan plane crash arrive in Karachi 2010-07-30