Watch VideoPlay Video
To further discuss the new sanctions on Iran, we are joined by Professor Tao Wenzhao from the Tsinghua Center for China-US Relations.
Q1: Why did the US Congress pass what it calls the "toughest sanctions" after the UN Security Council approved their own fourth round of sanctions last month. Do you think it will help to bring Iran back to the negotiating table?
Q2: Russia has criticized additional US and EU sanctions against Iran, saying the West has gone too far with additional penalties. What's your take on Russia's role in this?
- Iran: U.S. sanctions meaningless 2010-07-02
- Obama signs new sanctions bill against Iran 2010-07-02
- Obama signs sanction bill "striking at heart" of Iran's nuke ability 2010-07-02
- Obama to sign new sanctions bill against Iran Thursday 2010-07-01
- Timeline of Iran's nuclear issue 2010-06-29