Watch VideoPlay Video
China has urged both sides on the Korean Peninsula to "turn the page" on the Cheonan warship sinking, and restart the six-party talks as soon as possible.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang made the remarks after the UN Security Council released a presidential statement on the incident.
Qin said the statement encourages the settlement of the outstanding issues on the Korean Peninsula, by peaceful means and the resumption of direct inter-Korean negotiations.
China's permanent representative to the UN, Li Baodong, voices hope that all parties concerned will continue to exercise restraint.
- Pyongyang says UN statement over "Cheonan" case predictable, six-party talks preferred 2010-07-10
- U.S. hails UN statement on "Cheonan" sinking 2010-07-10
- DPRK denies links to Cheonan sinking 2010-07-10
- UN condemns sinking of S. Korean ship 2010-07-10
- UN Security Council issues presidential statement on sinking of Korean ship 2010-07-10
- US draft statement on Cheonan incident 2010-07-09