Watch VideoPlay Video
Torrential rains in Sichuan Province and Chongqing Municipality is forcing Yangtze River levels to rise dangerous highs. A flood peak of over 60 thousand cubic meters per second is forming near the River's top.
Several branches are above warning levels and speaking of which. The Jiujiang section of the Yangstze, in Jiangxi Province has already reached those warning levels.
The biggest surge of flooding is expected to hit the Three Gorges Dam in about one hour. Disaster relief headquarters have issued a major-floods-warning, along the river basin. Hundreds of thousands of people have had to be evacuated.
- Yangtze River water levels rise after rain 2010-07-19
- Burst Yangtze river bank fixed 2010-07-19
- Yangtze River rises to worrying level 2010-07-18
- Yangtze river nears warning level 2010-07-15
- Rescue accelerates along Yangtze River after worst flood in decades 2010-07-14