Watch VideoPlay Video
China says it respects the consensus reached among ASEAN members concerning the enlargement of the East Asia Summit. Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang made the remarks while commenting on the EAS' tendency to bring in the US and Russia as its new members.
Qin Gang said China always advocates that cooperation between East Asian countries should be open and accommodating, and the changing of regional architecture should be conducive to promoting peace, development, cooperation and prosperity in the region. He said ASEAN should play a dominant role in the changing process.
|Participants pose for group photos during the East Asia Summit Foreign Ministerss'|
Informal Consultations in Hanoi, capital of Vietnam, July 21, 2010 0.(Xinhua/Chen
- Tele Interview: DPRK top diplomat to attend ASEAN 10 3? 2010-07-21
- Studio Interview: Economic integration between China 2010-07-21
- ASEAN 10 3 Foreign Ministers' Meeting opens in Vietnam 2010-07-21
- ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers' Meeting opens in Vietnam 2010-07-21
- ASEAN foreign ministers convene ahead of regional security forum 2010-07-21