Watch VideoPlay Video
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi says China vows to enhance cooperation with ASEAN in six areas. He made the remarks at the China-ASEAN Ministerial Meetings.
China's top diplomat says the two sides should hasten the drafting of an action plan which will guide the cooperation in the next 5 years. The two sides should deepen the development of the China-ASEAN Free Trade Area and oppose protectionism in any form.
Yang Jiechi adds that China and ASEAN should enhance cooperation on finance, poverty reduction, environmental protection, defense and non-traditional security issues. The two sides should also expand friendly exchanges of youth, media and non-government organization.
- Video: Reporter: Highlights of ASEAN meetings 2010-07-22
- Interview: Significance of ASEAN mechanism in regional affairs 2010-07-22
- Correspondent: Highlights of ASEAN meetings 2010-07-22
- Studio interview: Mutual interests between China and ASEAN 2010-07-22
- Chinese FM meets ASEAN counterparts 2010-07-22