Watch VideoPlay Video
The White House says an investigation is underway into the leak of 91 thousand classified reports about the Afghanistan war. It says the release of those documents is a breach of federal law and a potential threat to US military personnel.
Canadian Foreign Minister warns the leak could endanger the lives of Canadian soldiers and the government is obviously concerned about operational leaks about the Afghanistan mission.
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says US President Barack Obama was alerted to the leak last week after administration officials met news organizations who had access to the documents.
Gibbs says the leaks aren't just against federal law, but could also harm those who work in the military to keep the US safe.
The leaked documents on Afghanistan were posted online by the whistle-blower group WikiLeaks.
The documents were made available first to The New York Times, The Guardian newspaper in London and the German weekly Der Spiegel.
The logs revealed US officials' suspicion that Pakistan's spy agency has for years guided the Afghan insurgency. Also included were statements that US troops covered up evidence that the Taliban had acquired and used heat-seeking surface-to-air missiles to target coalition aircraft, as well as a secret battalion led by US special forces to kill or capture top Taliban targets without trial.
British Foreign Secretary William Hague shrugged off the news of the leaked document.
William Hague, British Foreign Secretary, said, "Well, I don't think they mean anything for British troops. We're working hard with our allies in Afghanistan on improving security on the ground, in increasing, as we saw at the Kabul conference last week, the capacity of the Afghan government. So we're not going to spend our time looking at leaks. We're going to carry on with the internationally agreed strategy."
US State Department spokesman Philip Crowley says they alerted the leaders of Afghanistan and Pakistan over the weekend that a trove of leaked classified documents would be made public.
Philip Crowly, Spokesman of US State Department, said, "Well, over the weekend, as we had been contacted by media representatives and anticipated this story coming out at high levels, we gave an alert to President Karzai, to President Zardari , and to the other ministries on both sides so they would understand that... and anticipate the release of these documents.""
Pakistan on Monday rejected what it called "unsubstantiated information" posted by the Wikileaks website and termed them" baseless."