Watch VideoPlay Video
Venezuela's Foreign Minister says his country has a concrete proposal for ending an escalating diplomatic row with neighboring Colombia.
It will be presented to the Unasur grouping of South American states at a meeting in the Ecuadorian capital Quito on Thursday.
Nicolas Maduro, Venezuela's Foreign Minister, said, "South America must extend her hand and put her experience work to find a peace process, a negotiated solution to the armed conflict hitting Colombia for 60 years, a conflict that permanently overflows the borders and affects the whole region."
- Venezuela warns Colombia over rebels dispute 2010-07-24
- U.S. calls for investigation into crisis between Venezuela, Colombia 2010-07-24
- Venezuela breaks off diplomatic ties with Colombia 2010-07-23
- Colombia says it has evidence of rebels, Venezuela denies 2010-07-23
- Venezuela cuts relations with Colombia 2010-07-23