Watch VideoPlay Video
Colombian President-elect, Juan Manuel Santos, has announced his selection for defense and interior ministers to replace the outgoing administration of President Alvaro Uribe.
German Vargas has been chosen as interior and justice minister, and Rodrigo Rivera as defense minister. Santos who served as defense minister under Uribe is expected to continue with much of his predecessors popular security measures.
And his choice of Rodrigo Rivera for defense minister reflects this. Rivera is a former senator of the liberal party and was educated in Colombia and the United States.
- Venezuelan FM seeks understanding on tensions with Colombia 2010-07-28
- Colombia's president begs forgiveness for estranged relations with neighbors 2010-07-28
- Colombia to attend regional meeting on its row with Venezuela 2010-07-28
- FM: Venezuela seeks peace with Colombia 2010-07-28
- Venezuelan president threatens to cut off U.S. oil in Colombia dispute 2010-07-26