Watch VideoPlay Video
The South American regional group, Unasur has called for a special meeting to address the breakdown in relations between Venezuela and Colombia. Foreign ministers will meet in Ecuador on Thursday, but Colombia's foreign minister, Jaime Bermudez said he did not think his country would achieve much support at the meeting.
He said there are various foreign ministers that are not attending, adding "decisions are made by consensus and that the opinions of several countries are already defined." Bermudez also warned his government would not back down from its assertions that rebel leaders are being offered a safe haven in Venezuela.
- Union of South American Nations to solve Venezuela- Colombia crisis 2010-07-28
- Venezuelan FM seeks understanding on tensions with Colombia 2010-07-28
- Colombia to attend regional meeting on its row with Venezuela 2010-07-28
- FM: Venezuela seeks peace with Colombia 2010-07-28
- Venezuela calls for emergent Unasur meeting, closes Colombian embassy 2010-07-23