Watch VideoPlay Video
Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro has unveiled his latest book on Monday at a closed-door ceremony.
"The Strategic Victory" contains an autobiographical section and details a major military victory that hastened his rise to power in 1959.
For over an hour, Castro read aloud from the volume and pointed out highlights to the audience that included several of the military officers who fought alongside him. The book has yet to be released to the general public.
Organizers of the unveiling ceremony said 35-hundred copies would be made available in the coming days and 50-thousand copies would eventually be published.
The 84-year-old Castro has made string of near daily public appearances lately after staying almost completely out of the public eye since surgery in 2006.
- Fidel Castro to publish new book on guerrilla life 2010-07-28
- Fidel Castro marks Cuban Revolution Day 2010-07-27
- Fidel Castro travels out of Havana 2010-07-25
- Fidel Castro urges U.S. to stop "using violence" 2010-07-21
- Fidel Castro says nuclear war imminent 2010-07-17