Watch VideoPlay Video
Epidemic prevention efforts have hit full swing in Zhouqu County amid ongoing rescue operations.
The devastated county has been divided into different districts, with epidemic prevention crews working around the clock to sanitize the scene. Medical staff from the armed police are spraying disinfectants and spreading lime powder around the county town. They also distributed brochures on post-disaster disease prevention to local residents. So far, rescue teams have purified 16 water sources and set up 16 disinfection centers. A massive operation to eradicate bacteria-carrying insects and mice was also carried out.
- Video: 100,000 textbooks arrive in Zhouqu 2010-08-15
- Video: Zhouqu survivors helped each other flee 2010-08-15
- Video: Life gradually gets back to normal in Zhouqu 2010-08-15
- Photo: Mourn for Zhouqu mudslide victims 2010-08-15
- China mourns Zhouqu mudslide victims 2010-08-15
- Chinese military conduct epidemic prevention work in mudslide-hit Zhouqu 2010-08-14