Watch VideoPlay Video
The second batch of humanitarian aid from China to Pakistan began arriving Thursday. The shipment contains relief materials for the flood-ravaged nation.
The aid shipment mainly consists of daily necessities, including 12-hundred tents, 30 tonnes of rations, almost 24-thousand blankets, and a thousand generators.
Medicine, bottled water and water purification equipment was also included. This batch of relief goods worth 50 million yuan will be completely delivered by Friday.
Liu Jian, Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan, said, "China is willing to help flood-hit Pakistanis to weather the unprecedented disaster. The Chinese people express our deepest sympathy towards our Pakistani friends."
- UN urges more aid for Pakistan 2010-08-20
- Britain doubles emergency aid to Pakistan 2010-08-20
- UN General Assembly hears calls for global solidarity to aid flood-hit Pakistan 2010-08-20
- Second batch of Chinese aid arrives in Pakistan 2010-08-20
- Pakistan desperately needs aid 2010-08-18