Watch VideoPlay Video
Iran has showcased two missile-launching assault boats. This is part of a series of announcements unveiling, domestically-built, military hardware.
State TV showed footage, of the boats, called Zol-fag-har and Seraj. The Zol-fag-har is equipped with cruise missiles, while the Seraj is a high-speed patrol boat.
Iran's Defense Minister, says the new vessels will provide security for the region under the control of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards.
The launch, comes a day after President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, unveiled Iran's first, locally-built, long-range, unmanned bomber and two days after the country, test-fired a new surface-to-surface missile.
- Tele interview on Iran's long-range unmanned bomber 2010-08-23
- Iran launches production lines of two high-speed assault boats: report 2010-08-23
- Studio interview: Iran's message to the world 2010-08-23
- Iran inaugurates 1st unmanned bomber 2010-08-23
- Iran unveils bomber drone: report 2010-08-23