Watch VideoPlay Video
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari says it will take the country at least three years to recover from devastating floods that have affected more than 17 million people and left a quarter of the country underwater.
15-hundred people have been killed by the flood waters. The widespread misery is raising concerns about social unrest, food riots or even a challenge to the government's rule before its term ends.
While defending the government's much-criticized response to the unprecedented floods, Pakistan's President acknowledged that recovery will take a very long time.
- Pakistani president warns flood recovery could take years 2010-08-24
- UN plans more relief for Pakistan 2010-08-24
- Pakistan battles massive floods 2010-08-24
- Pakistan bombings kill at least 36 2010-08-24
- Pakistanis still suffering from floods 2010-08-22