Watch VideoPlay Video
15 survivors, including five children, severely injured in a plane crash in northeast China's Yichun city, have been airlifted to Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province. It's so they can receive specialist medical care, in particular, burns treatment.
The plane crash survivors arrived at Taiping International Airport in Harbin on Wednesday night.
China Southern Airlines made arrangements to accommodate the survivors, medical staff and their equipment.
Gu Yong of China Southern Airlines, said, "We rearranged the passenger cabin, taking away all the chairs to make it easy access for stretchers. We took enough oxygen tanks, in case their was an emergency."
Eight of the survivors have severe burns to the lining of their throat. On arrival in Harbin, they were rushed to four major hospitals in the city, including the First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University.
The other crash survivors who escaped with just minor injuries are being treated in Yichun City.
|15 survivors, including five children, severely injured in a plane |
crash in northeast China's Yichun city, have been airlifted to Harbin,
the capital of Heilongjiang province.
Chen Yijuan, whose husband died in the crash, has received a cheque from an insurance company.
Chen Yijuan, Wife of plane crash victim, said, "As things get difficult, I'll try to deal with them. Right now I don't know what to think. I don't really want to talk about it."
The Henan Airlines passenger jet carrying 96 people crashed at Yichun City airport on Tuesday night.
The plane was trying to land when it missed the runway in heavy fog and crashed, bursting into flames.
42 people were killed, amazingly, the remaining fifty-four survived.
- Airport reopens after plane crash killing 42, probe continues 2010-08-26
- Three of five children injured in NE China plane crash in critical condition: doctors 2010-08-26
- Live cross: Update on plane crash investigation 2010-08-26
- 15 severely injured survivors in plane crash sent to Harbin 2010-08-26
- China probes deadly plane crash, orders industry-wide safety checks 2010-08-26
- Latest on survivors of Yichun plane crash 2010-08-25