Watch VideoPlay Video
In Chile, family members of 33 trapped miners, cheered as another heavy drilling machine arrived in Copiapo, to help with rescue operations.
A police escort led a procession of vehicles carrying the new drill and other equipment. A rescuer said that a third and more powerful drill is due to join the effort on Sunday and that they are working on a third alternative.
Rescuers expect that the multi-pronged approach will speed up the rescue process and avoid delays. Authorities have said it may take up to four months to rescue the miners.
- Chile miners: Rescue work to resume after fault found 2010-09-03
- Stranded miners in Chile receive new supplies 2010-09-02
- Trapped miners in Chile make video message 2010-08-28
- Chile miners face four-month wait for rescue 2010-08-26
- Efforts continue to save trapped miners in Chile 2010-08-25