Watch VideoPlay Video
The death toll from a car bomb which targeted a police station in Pakistan, has risen to 17, with more than 40 people wounded, most of them police officers.
The attack happened, in the early morning, in an alley behind a police station, in the city of Lakki Marwat.
Officials, say about 45 policemen, were in the building, when the bomber struck. A nearby shop and mosque were also partially destroyed.
The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack, to warn the government NOT to use militias to fight them.
In recent days, the Taliban has launched attacks across the nation, aimed at destabilizing the country, and weakening the civilian government.
- 73 killed in suicide bombing in Pakistan 2010-09-04
- 73 killed in fresh suicide bomb attack in Pakistan 2010-09-04
- 3 police injured in bomb attack in NW Pakistan 2010-07-16
- Fresh offensive kills 15 militants in NW Pakistan 2010-07-16
- Drone attack kills 5 people in NW Pakistan 2010-07-16