Watch VideoPlay Video
Philippine President Benigno Aquino III assures that "nobody will be absolved" from the botched rescue attempt during the hostage crisis on August 23. The president said he was waiting for the final result of the investigation, saying those found to have shortcomings will be given appropriate penalties.
Last week, Aquino admitted that he was taking responsibility of the hostage rescue operation which left eight Hong Kong tourists dead. Aquino told reporters that he was the one who had the final say in appointing the policemen who handled the crisis. Aquino formed the Incident Investigation and Review Committee to investigate the handling of the hostage crisis. The investigation is expected to finish this week.
- "Nobody will be absolved" in botched hostage rescue attempt: Aquino 2010-09-07
- Filipino bus driver recalls Aug. 23 hostage crisis in Manila 2010-09-07
- Hostage investigation: No ready mechanism 2010-09-07
- Aquino: Heads will roll over hostage crisis 2010-09-07
- Philippine police has neither hostage negotiation unit nor manual: official 2010-09-06