Watch VideoPlay Video
The trial of the six suspects in the murders of 13 Chinese sailors on the Mekong River last year continues at the Intermediate People’s Court of Kunming, in southwest China’s Yunnan province. The most high-profile defendant suspected drug lord Naw Kham, who’s accused of masterminding the attack.
The court investigation was completed on Thursday. The trial entered the phase of evidence presentation and cross-examination on Friday. Six groups of evidence have been submitted.
Naw Kham told the court that he was wrong after being presented with evidence. He said he was willing to pay compensation to the families of the victims for a total of 30 million Thai baht, about 972,000 US dollars. The other suspects confessed and expressed their regret for the crimes, but say they have no ability to compensate.