Watch VideoPlay Video
With just 101 days to go before the start of China's next big sports event. The countdown continues for the Asian Games in Guangzhou, Guangdong province.
Workers have finished building the venues, and testing is underway. Officials have formed 48 teams of venue operators and competition organizers.
Workers at the Dongguan Stadium are among those being put through their paces. All of the venues are getting a good look, but the Dongguan Stadium is hosting a juniors'weightlifting competition. It will serve as a test event to see if the hardware and staffers meet Asian Games standards.
Zhan Zhibing, Director of Asian Games' Weightlifting Association, said, "The municipal government has allocated 30 million yuan to renovate the stadium for the upcoming Asian Games. The floors, roofs, broadcast facilities, air conditioners, security equipment will all be renovated."
- Mascot of Guangzhou Asian Games lands in Shanghai 2010-07-29
- Guangzhou steps up surveillance ahead of Asian Games 2010-07-27
- Glance at the 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games 2010-07-09
- Guangzhou takes on new look before Asian Games 2010-07-07
- Hotels under surveillance in S China's Guangzhou ahead of Asian Games 2010-06-24