China´s space station is slated to open around 2020, the same year the ISS is scheduled to close. If the U.S. and its partners don´t come up with a replacement, China could have the only permanent human presence in the sky.
1. 60-ton space station is rather small compared to the International Space Station (419 tons), and Russia´s Mir Space Station (137 tons)
2. World´s third multi-module space station, including 3 capsules.
3. A cargo spaceship to transport supplies and lab facilities to the space station
4. Carry out scientific experiments
5. Serve as stepping stone for exploration into deep space, such as launching manned missions to the moon or even Mars
6. Two or three astraunants to be on board
7. Open to scientists from foreign countries